- 06/2022: Our first collaborative work with the Feng group on 2D magnetic MOFs has been accepted in Chem.Eur.J. Congrats to Diana for taking care of the magnetic measurements
- 06/2022: Our collaborative work with the Nenwa group (Cameroon) on novel high-spin Co(III) antiferromagnetic complexes has been published in J.Mol.Stru. Congrats to Diana and Kate for taking care of the magnetic and single-crystal measurements.
- 06/2022 Eunsoo has accepted a job offer by the "Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute" and will continue research there. All the best Eunsoo!
- 06/2022 Eunsoo has successfully defended his PhD thesis. Eunsoo is the fifth member of the Fokwa group @UCR to graduate with a PhD (tenth overall)! Congratulations.
- 06/2022 Jan, Ardalan and Eunsoo have all been hooded (see official UCR video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TsVa2mkKYg).
- 05/2022: Jan's paper on the discovery of the first Os-based ferromagnetic boride with above RT Tc has been accepted in Chem.Eur.J. as highly important paper.
- 05/2022: Eunsoo, Ardalan, Diana, and Johan have again teamed up to show that the second member of the FGnT family of spintronic materials, Fe5Ge2Te2 (FG2T) is even more active for HER than the recently reported FGT. Published in ZAAC. Excellent job guys!
- 05/2022: The group welcomes a new graduate student. We wish Shola E. Adeniji fun and great success.
- 05/2022: Kate has won the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award 2021-2022! Congratulations on a well-deserved award.